Avalon is an end-to-end, free and open source data pipeline powering Animation and VFX studios during the production of computer generated imagery.
- See What is Avalon? for details.
How this documentation is organized
A high-level overview of how it's organized will help you know where to look for certain things:
- Guides provide short and self-contained learning material
- Tutorials take you by the hand through a series of steps to producing your first asset. Start here if you're new to Avalon or content creation.
- Reference detail each individual concept in Avalon
- Tools contain self-help material for each graphical user interface available
- Glossary break down jargon used throughout this documentation
What is Avalon?
Avalon is the data pipeline between persons, applications, file systems and database as content is created.
It sits right inbetween organisational concerns such as scheduling and budgets, and operating systems related issues such as dependencies and user authentication, with some overlap into each.
It overlaps into people management by hooking into tasks supplied via production tracking systems such as ftrack and Shotgun, and into the OS by writing to protected areas via web services.
Who is using Avalon?
Missing your name?